Comprehensive Plan Update

Please see the Comprehensive Plan page.


Please notify the Village of any proposed work such as burying of wire, pipe, conduit or other new installations.  When possible, the Village would like a detailed map of the work.  Notifications may be sent to: [email protected]

Building Permits

When building new, remodeling or repairing a structure/dwelling (over $500) that requires electrical and/or plumbing work, you must contact our Building Inspector/Land Use Administrator.  Mike Jacek, working through General Engineering Company (GEC), will be able to answer any questions about what permits, if any, that you will need.  You may contact him by Mobile Phone: (608)-617-9326.  Click here to access a permit application and instructions.  Please see the Ordinances & Resolutions page for our Building & Mechanical Code Ordinance.

The Village does not require a building permit to replace a furnace, central air, water heater or other dwelling mechanical.  You also don't need a permit to re-side, re-roof, install replacement windows, finish interior surfaces or install cabinetry in a dwelling.

Forms for Rezoning, Conditional Use, Variances and Minor Land Division Letter of Intent Form
Zoning Ordinance

The Zoning Ordinance can be found on the Ordinances & Resolutions page.

Farmland Preservation Program

The ability for our residents to use the Farmland Preservation Program expired at the end of 2014.  New rules required that Farmland Preservation become a part of our Zoning Ordinance.  See the Zoning Ordinance above.

You can find more information in this Farmland Preservation Program flyer.